Image not available
Image not available

Welcome to

Vets Exeter

Image not available
Image not available

Join our

Pet Club

and save on appointments and treatments

Beaumont Vets Exeter

Thank your for visiting our website. We pride ourselves on the services we offer and the facilities we have available at the Beaumont Vets Exeter.
We strive to achieve the highest standards of care through compassion, ethical awareness, dedication, conscientiousness and teamwork applied equally to patients, clients and members of staff. Your pet is as important to us as it is to you.
Beaumont Veterinary Centre was first established in Exeter in the late 1970′ s by Dr. Chris Chesney and later moved to Broadclyst. Due to a change in professional direction to specialist dermatology by Dr. Chesney, the practice was taken over by Clive Lloyd in 1994 and moved to its present site in 1995. At the same time, the practice expanded from purely small animal work to a mixed practice due to Clive’s extensive experience and enthusiasm for all creatures great and small. The practice is currently the only truly mixed practice in Exeter.
Between 2003 and 2005 the practice underwent extensive refurbishment and expansion to provide the current modern facilities.

 

Vets Exeter

Winter is not just the cold season. Winter is also the official antifreeze poisoning season. Antifreeze contains ethylene glycol, a substance that is extremely toxic for our pets and cats are particularly sensitive to its damaging effects.
The most common way for a cat to be in contact with antifreeze is when it leaks from a car’s engine into the ground. Cats that spend enough time outdoors during winter will often hide under cars for warmth and can easily find an antifreeze puddle. Cats are can drink it because it is usually the only liquid available (that is not frozen) in cold weather. If they step on it they can also ingest it when they groom themselves.
Clinical signs can occur between 30 minutes and 12 hours after ingestion and include wobbliness, uncoordinated appearance, shaking, seizures, weakness, increased breathing rate, increased urination or no urination at all.
Please be careful when storing, using and disposing of antifreeze and water coolant. If you suspect your pet has ingested antifreeze contact you vet immediately! Even a small amount of the substance can be fatal and the sooner your pet receives veterinary treatment, the better their chances of survival.
...

View on Facebook

Think somebody enjoyed their Christmas lunch!! ...

View on Facebook